Open external links in a new window, keeping your blog page in the browser so you don’t lose surfers to another site.
Click to open external links in new Window/tab
You can use WordPress plugins to do this. Install wordpress plugin “Open in New Window Plugin“.
Add this attribute in your head tag.
You can do this job very easily without any plugin.
1. Highlight the text you’d like to link
2. click the link button
3. Add link and then make sure you check the box “open link in a new window/tab”.
4. click “update” to save changes.
You can also go back and edit old links and check the “Open link in a new window” checkbox and then re-save the link.
Click to open WordPress Menu link in new Window/tab
This is normally a hidden option and in this post I will tell you how we can easily do that.
1. Go to Dashboard >> Appearance >>Menus in your sidebar.
2. Click Screen option on top right corner of the screen.
3. Check the “Link Target” option.
4. Now scroll down and expand the menus. Check the option “Open link in a new window/tab.
5. Click “Save Menu” to save changes.
Any questions? Feel free to ask in comments.