Here are the simple steps to add/insert a link in your text widget:
1. From the Dashboard, create a new post.
2. Type in and highlight the text you’d like to make into a clickable link. (e.g. Click here, Read more, check out this link to learn more or whatever you want)
3. Click on the “Insert/edit link” button in the toolbar.
4. A pop-up box will appear. Enter the URL address of the web page you wish to link to and check the box that says “open the link in a new tab”, then click the Add Link button. Now your selected text will be wrapped with the HTML link code.
5. Click on the Text tab at the top right of the editor and copy the HTML code.
6. Now, you’re ready to add this HTML code to your text widget. Go to Appearance > Widgets and drag a text widget to the desired area within your sidebar.
8. Once you add the widget to your sidebar, paste the HTML code into the body of the text widget.
9. Hit Save.
You are done. You now have a clickable link in your WordPress sidebar.
This is the code snippet to create a clickable link manually:
<a href=”http://www. YourURLhere .com”> Your Text Here </a>
To make your link open in a new window or tab, you will have to add “target=”_blank” attribute to your link, like this:
<a href=”http://www. YourURLhere .com” target=”_blank”> Your Text Here </a>
In this example, You’ll want to replace the URL with your actual link and change the text to whatever you want to use for the URL.
That’s it! If you have questions, feel free to leave a comment below.